Monday 2 September 2013

Sure, you can have a stall!

Out of obedience I sent off an email to make a general enquiry. To my surprise the answer came back ... “Sure, you can have a stall!” I hadn’t even asked for one!  

God, what are you doing?   Remember ...I don't even have any books! I'm not even going to the conference!

Then He started to show me that I did have a couple of albums I could take, a couple I could borrow and a few more I could make over the next month.  Before I knew it, I had a whole table full of Faithbooks.

I spent the Easter weekend working on my Fingerprints of God album.  Going through the process of answering ten questions about my faith journey reminded me of the good things God had done in my life and how far I had come. It helped to build up my faith at a time when I really needed it.  
 
When I first became a Christian, I felt that God was prompting me to go buy a notebook and write out the story of how I came to know Him.  I gave that journal, which would become the first of many, the title 'One Woman's Search' and I was able to refer back to it as I answered these questions.  
 
 
This album also showed my family a part of my history they weren’t so familiar with. As my husband, Andrew, read through the finished project, he kept saying ‘Oh, I didn’t know this about you and I didn’t know that!  I did have 30 years to fill in before he came along.






If you would like to read my answers to the questions "What was religion/faith like in your childhood home?" and "How did you come to know Jesus Christ as your Saviour?" go to my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FaithbookingWithSuzanne.  You will find "10 Questions of My Faith" in the Photos Section under the Albums Tab.



No comments:

Post a Comment