Wednesday 4 September 2013

Gratitude Project

 
Around the same time, God had given me a special assignment to do.   I had read an article in the Sunday Mail about the ‘365 Grateful Project’ by Hailey Bartholomew.   The article told of Hailey’s severe depression and how as a last resort a friend had recommended she receive counseling from a Catholic Nun. The advice that changed her life went something like this ...

The secret to happiness is reflection and gratitude ...
Stop at the end of each day ...
And record something in that day that made you truly grateful.

Because Hailey was a photographer, she decided to not just record what she was grateful for, but to take a photo as well.


 My mission was to take a photo each day of something I could be grateful for about my husband, Andrew. He was not a willing participant at first, so the photos aren’t great, but I caught him mowing the lawn, washing the dishes, feeding the dog, fixing the shower, packing my car and so on. He became quite pleased with himself as he realized what I was doing and watched the album grow.

 
Each day God showed me something new that I could be grateful for.  It made me realize that even though Andrew may not be insightful or a spiritual giant, he is a wonderful servant and operates in his God-given gifts.  I leant to appreciate him for what he is and not concentrate so much on what he is not.  Thank you Lord.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment